Who we are
Our website address is: https://watched-it-on-purpose.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We have two contact forms. One general one and one for submitting a listing for the found footage locker.
Both require a name and an email address, with an option of submitting a subject and a message, and a link to IMDB for the found footage submission.
This information is never used for marketing. We hold onto your name and address until our conversation ends or you request we delete the information from our database. This information is never shared with anyone.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use two services to helps us to understand our visitors; for example, how visitors find our website, how long they spend on our site, which web pages they are most interested in etc.
1. We use Statcounter because better understanding how visitors are interacting with our website helps us to improve the content, design and functionality of our site. This allows us to offer a better online experience to our visitors.
2. We use Google Analytics cookies placed on your computer to analyze traffic to and from our site. Google Analytics allows us to see which advertising campaigns are generating income and which do not. Occasionally Google Adsense makes use of these cookies to display advertising for our company on other sites. Google has created a browser app that you can install if you would like to opt out and prevent your data from being used in this way.
- Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
Who we share your data with
NOBODY! Jenn, the owner of this site, is the only one who sees data. Our authors don’t even log in. They submit their posts via email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
jenn AT strange-child.com
How we protect your data
We use a secure server and our log in pages have a ReCaptcha to prevent bots from hacking accounts.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We use two separate services to scan our site for malware and security issues. If one of those services alerts us to a problem the passwords on all accounts will be resent and we will send an email to all our customers letting them know what is going on.